Introducing Answer,™ the solution to all of the problems with your gun safe!
The fact is unless you own a real gun safe (two steel walls filled with cement) you’ve been sold the proverbial bill of goods. Your gun safe (really an RSC) is a toxic box that will corrode your firearms, will not stop thieves or fire, violates any protocol for the proper storage of firearms and is horribly heavy and hard to move. Answer,™ from SecureIt,® the worldwide leader in building military armories, is the solution to these problems.
The gun safe industry is deceiving you!
Silas Herring built what is considered the first modern gun safe back in the 1850s. His safe was made up of two steel walls filled with cement.
It wasn’t until many decades later (the 1970s) that the gun safe industry, in an effort to reduce costs, eliminated the cement and inner steel wall, replacing it with heavy drywall which they lined with carpet. This is still the design of gun safes today, which perpetuates these eight mis-truths and real problems.
- Not even a real safe – Today’s gun safes are not even real safes. They are technically categorized as Residential Security Containers (RSC). Did you know you own an RSC and not a real gun safe?
- Toxic box – Your gun safe is a toxic box. The chemicals in the drywall and carpet can literally corrode your firearms!
- Won’t stop fire – If your gun safe has a fire rating, it’s almost certainly untrue. If you have a fire in your home, the guns in your gun safe are toast. Ask any fire chief.
- #1 cause of gun damage – Makers of gun safes purposely make the safe door extremely heavy. This makes you think they are secure. This is also why gun safes are so deep – to counter-balance the heavy door. This, in turn, causes another problem – guns bumping into guns as you remove them. It’s the #1 cause of firearm damage!
- False capacity ratings – All gun safe manufacturers claim an unrealistic storage capacity. Do they think we are all fools?
- Ridiculously heavy – Gun safes are horribly heavy and hard to move. This, to lure you into a false sense of security.
- Draw attention to your guns – Gun safes are commonly made to be shiny showpieces, which flies in the face of keeping your guns hidden.
- Won’t stop thieves – Finally, a thief can cut the top off of your gun safe in just a couple minutes with a $20 saw.